Sending a link to set a password isn't much better.
Perhaps a way to force a password change on login would be better, which
has more use elsewhere, such as being able to periodically force password
changes

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CALs0z1bNRW072KZNJkkxiU3wjOfELZZ0fP51DJUWiBSX64A%2Bow%40mail.gmail.com.