Hi,

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 11:56:56 PM UTC+1, Tim Graham wrote:

> … that the existing tests would catch this type of obviously incorrect
> issue.

I think that is the main issue here. I was also really surprised to
discover that the tests were missing cases like this -- then again, writing
good tests is hard and I know that I am personally one not to write good
tests usually. Either way, I think the way forward is to improve the
testsuite in this case.

What worries me really though is that if we make this kind of simple but
horrible mistakes how are we going to prevent (especially) newcomers from
making the same mistakes?

Cheers,
Florian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/6197a4a0-f056-4ba3-a1c7-0a4079fc190e%40googlegroups.com.