On Monday, 28 November 2016 21:38:14 UTC, Tim Graham wrote:

> Meanwhile, there's a ticket [0] asking to expand the documentation of the
> settings.CSRF_COOKIE_HTTPONLY. If this setting doesn't provide any value,
> then I figure we should remove the system check that suggests to enable it
> and deemphasize it in the documentation and/or remove it. Is there
> consensus on this?

If CSRF_COOKIE_HTTPONLY isn't effective, then I'm happy for the system
check to be removed and the documentation to be clarified. However, as a
user of the setting in the past, I don't think it should be removed.
Sometimes the functionality is needed to comply with security reports,
regardless of whether or not the setting is effective.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/078c24f0-e951-42f5-8146-914c0eb1123a%40googlegroups.com.