Hi all,

My company (Citus Data) is interested in sponsoring some Django work. In
particular work on support for composite primary keys. From what I
understand this wouldn't be the first time the work has been explored and
it sounds like it has a number of intricacies to it (
https://github.com/django/deps/blob/master/draft/0191-composite-fields.rst
and
https://github.com/django/deps/blob/master/draft/0192-standalone-composite-fields.rst).
Our hope here is that it would be done in line with something that could
eventually become part of an official Django release vs. a one-off work
around.

While we know there's no guarantee of it being accepted, we'd love to find
someone with some knowledge of all the existing areas that would have to be
touched and has some experience contributing to Django core to improve that
likelihood. As part of the work, we would want the two existing DEPs to be
completed and work towards getting those accepted by the broader community.
And hopefully it goes without saying, but we'd fully expect all the work to
done in the open similar to other Django development.

If you're interested in doing this work please reach out as we'd love to
discuss further. And if we have enough interest we'll be doing a full CFP
for the work to try to keep the process as fair as possible.

~ Craig

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CA%2B-GtwTtPo-O8-FeRyAMbZZ56oZcLms-GSrnR0XmfibiZweW2w%40mail.gmail.com.