Hi all,

One thing I've always found challenging with Django is to adjust the
functionality of forms from other apps.  An example might be to add an
extra field to a login form provided by a third party module.

What I end up doing is often overriding the urlconf, view and form class.
 Or, worse, monkey patching the form class.

A much nicer way to do this would be to add a few well chosen signals to
forms.

Potential ones could be:

- post_init
- post_clean
- post_save (for ModelForms)

I'd be happy to do a pull request for this, but just wondered what people
think.

David

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/d936a1d5-3f6e-4190-83c3-5cc31c8fbb4e%40googlegroups.com.