A handful of blockers (mostly in the final stages) remain as of right now
[0]. We're on track to issue the release candidate on Monday.

[0]
https://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=!closed&severity=Release%20blocker&desc=1&order=changetime

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/cda655f8-b7cd-4214-939c-71971b61b312%40googlegroups.com.