Hi Aymeric,
  I feel like using Watchman might be the easiest solution. It keeps
triggering the command once an event occurs, so autoreload.py does not need
to restart the server in case of a syntax error. Pywatchman does not work
on Python 3 and has some dependency problems, so I'm planning to use the
command line interface of the Watchman library. Watchdog only triggers the
given command once, so it cannot survive a syntax error and requires the
auto-reloader to deal with multi-threading, the most challenging part in
this project (likely to enter the same problem described in #2330
<http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2330>.) Therefore, I'd start with
Watchman and see how to implement this with Watchdog later. How do you feel
about this plan?

Cheers,
David Ma

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/3c284301-15e9-44d9-9b7c-2d866b7f7d13%40googlegroups.com.