I wonder if there have been any updates on MS support for a
official/supported MS SQL Django driver? Did the offered engineering effort
from MS ever come through? Given the availability of of MS SQL on Linux, as
well as support for Django in Visual Studio, it would be great if this came
to fruition.
Explicit support for Django with IronPython would also be nice, if MS would
really want to take their Django support to the next level...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/8258f170-8f10-45fc-a1d3-9551efca6d1c%40googlegroups.com.