Hi everyone,

I have a raw_id_field in the admin and I need to trigger some javascript
logic when it's value is filled by the user through the popup, but
unfortunately I found out that when the popup is closed and the value is
filled into the field the change event is not fired.

I found this quite surprising!

After looking for a solution and digging, I found a workaround which I
tested and ensured works:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/7sIM2-9XirY/d6Yr5_fFBwAJ

I was wondering: why don't we include the change event trigger into django
itself instead of requiring django users to add this sort of hacks in their
code?
This is an easy and low risk fix. Is there already an issue for this? I
volunteer to do this.

Thanks
Federico

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/5508c560-d186-4b78-bde4-e4807791c291%40googlegroups.com.