Thanks for the input, Shai. I'd like to keep the current behavior
around. So .order_by(None) would still reset the ordering as-is.

But I agree, if we'de exposing QuerySet.query.order_by through a
documented API that would work for me as well (in fact, I'm using that
right now to work around the issue).

Cheers,

Markus

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/d1258e72-93a0-4075-da65-9f09902845f1%40markusholtermann.eu.