I've just posted a ticket for this
here: https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29082#ticket

The general point is that when I'm using RequestFactory and making a post
request with a JSON body, I'd expect to be able to pass in a dict for this
- but I can't as the JSON it produces (it does try) is invalid (single
instead of double quotes).

The fix is three lines in the file but another isinstance call among many.

I've been meaning to contribute for a long time and would like this to be
my first ticket if I can get confirmation that it _is_ a bug and not
intentional.

Reproducible example and exact location of offending code are in the ticket.

- Nick.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/77ab7248-3d6f-4cca-8ddc-27afc49c520c%40googlegroups.com.