Hi all,

https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28540 explains that unless FILE_UPLOAD_PERMISSION is set (not set by default), uploaded file permissions are often a mix of 0o600 and 0o644 (or another value depending of the default umask), based on the upload method (memory or temporary file) which itself vary depending on the file size.

My opinion is like the reporter's that those permissions should not vary depending on the used upload method, that's why I suggested the PR (probably not the cleanest one!):
https://github.com/django/django/pull/10116

Please read the conversation and tell us if you have anything to add that could help make a decision. Thanks.

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/c39e0821-4634-7ae3-983b-9554021f04f4%402xlibre.net.