Hi,

On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 10:48:04 PM UTC+2, Adam Johnson wrote:

> The main thing is that MySQL added a binary JSON type, whilst MariaDB just
> made the JSON type an alias for TEXT (plus the corollaries that implies):
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/json-data-type/

Yes, this is the main difference, as MySQL requires CAST(x AS JSON) calls
in many places while MariaDB does not support CAST(x AS JSON). I also noted
a number of oddities with regards to case-(in)sensitivity when comparing
values extracted from JSON, but I didn't research this deeper.

Best
Raphael

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/3d2e6bf8-aa2a-4ece-80bc-5867f8105e04%40googlegroups.com.