Hello guys,

I am year 4 students in Singapore and I would like to contribute to Django
in GSoC this summer. The project idea that I am interested in is Improving
the less popular backends. However, the project description is kind of
vague and I am not able to catch the exact requirements for this project.

In my view, the key for this project is to build some features for less
popular backends to make it support equal operations with other backends. I
appreciate if someone can give me some advice.

For example, I did a search in Django raising ticket page and I set up some
filters:
https://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=new&component=Database+layer+(models%2C+ORM)&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=component&col=version&desc=1&order=id

May I understand it like I would select some issues from these tickets and
solve them in order to fulfill this project idea?

Any advice is appreciated in advance! Thanks a lot.

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/57e26ea3-8b6d-4d9f-96b5-04c3e487e085%40googlegroups.com.