Dear group,

I've built a Django fuzzer that can be used with Google OSS-Fuzz [1].

The current fuzzer harness calls a host of django.util.* and related
functions with pseudo-random inputs. Fuzzing these functions can be useful
to see if any untrusted input can cause slowdowns, hangs, excessive memory
consumption, or unexpected exceptions. There have been several of such
issues in recent years (CVE-2018-7537, CVE-2018-7536, CVE-2019-6975 [2]),
and it is quite likely that my fuzzer would detect these vulnerabilities
automatically. In addition to these general vulnerability classes, the
harness can be easily extended to raise a warning on any custom condition.

Are the Django developers interested in OSS-Fuzz integration? If so, I will
need one or more email addresses linked to a Google account that will
receive the automated bug reports generated by OSS-Fuzz. Because these
reports may contain security-sensitive information, it is recommended that
only developers who ordinarily deal with security reports are included in
this list.

Guido

[1] https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/security/