I'm also not sure of the value of closing stalled tickets. Closing them
makes them less visible, and as Claude says, they're still valid. Often I
find one that's been open years has "come up again" on the mailing list or
client work.

The fellows are the ones who work the most with ticketing system, I've
never heard any past or present fellow say that it would be a good idea to
close open, valid tickets. They're also very good at closing tickets they
believe are invalid.

--
Adam