I think this is a good starting point. What do we think about adding a
“accepts_json” helper of some kind? It seems that the vast, vast majority of
usages I can find of “is_ajax” is to return a JSON response, which I feel could
be served nicely with a helper. There are also, annoyingly, two different JSON
content types that are sent (the correct application/json and the incorrect
text/json), which a helper could take care of.