Mariusz makes the point on the ticket that this can cause data loss for
custom content types, which is true.

This seems to be a fairly thorny problem to me since there are several
different data loss risks. Perhaps a documentation change would be the
easiest first step - one can always remove particular stale content types
in a data migration.

--
Adam