We are taking it seriously Uri. It’s difficult to resolve instantly when
there’s a super long mailing list thread, and several PRs in play, and a
major discussion on the ticket. It’s only recently that the correct
approach has become clear. It’s taken a community effort, from i18n experts
to get there.

Before that there was pressure to quickly merge incorrect solutions.

Then we have security issues to resolve, such as two SQL injection issues
in the last couple of months. These take priority.

Sorry if things go slower than you’d like. There’s more to it than perhaps
there seems. (Not least the danger of introducing regressions, especially
if we do decide to backport, as you’d like.)