I'm also in the "I don't think this should be allowed" camp. People
who really need it can set up their own validator easily enough, and I
worry about the security implications of supporting non-standard
behavior in something as crucial as hostname validation -- Django's
been bitten by that sort of thing several times in the past.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAL13Cg-k6CGLZo9o%3DRG4LpGj5CbP57ayeGyBrKYXa7SPx07%2BWg%40mail.gmail.com.
  • ... Pavel Savchenko
    • ... Adam Johnson
      • ... Pavel Savchenko
        • ... Adam Johnson
          • ... Florian Apolloner
            • ... Carlton Gibson
              • ... James Bennett
                • ... Adam Johnson
                • ... Pavel Savchenko
    • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)