Thanks for the summary, James.

As one of the IRC group contacts, here's the proposal for what happens to the
cloaks on Freenode:

- Right now there's a @django/committer/$name cloak. We'd abandon that cloak.

- Instead, every DSF member can apply for a @django/member/$name cloak by
getting in touch with one of the IRC group contacts (namely apollo13 and
myself, MarkusH) and pointing them to their name on the DSF member list. I'm
not entirely sure yet how we would do the verification. Maybe by asking for the
IRC handle when people become IRC members?

- To ensure we have moderators in place for every #django-* channel we'd also
introduce the @django/moderator/$name cloak. Each DSF member can apply for that
cloak. It will give cloak holders "voice" privileges in #django-* channels. One
needs to show "regular activity" in at least one official channel to become a
moderator.

- Former @django/committer/$name holders will be migrated to
@django/member/$name unless they reach out to an IRC group contact before (or
after, but that's double the work 😉).

With regards to the #django-core IRC channel, we'll figure out how to delete
it. People in there, expect to be kicked out 🙂.

Cheers,

Markus