Hi Abhirav.

I think this is an interesting project. It would be nice if we had a story
for handling sensitive values that went (in principle) from "use
environment variables" (or a file) to the various Vault-like options. The
trick is making that compelling as a feature for Django, but such a thing
could begin as a separate package.

I was casually keeping a list of projects in the "environment variable"
space, pasted below. If you want to take a look at those, rob the best
ideas, and think about the simplest API for that (beyond bootstrapping, in
the settings it's just `get()` I guess...) I'm very happy to discuss it
with you in the forum.

I think a good first goal would be a write up (blog post?) on the state of
play.

Kind Regards,

Carlton

Options for keeping secrets in the environment.

https://github.com/theskumar/python-dotenv

Jeff likes Direnv
https://direnv.net
vs