Hi,

I submitted this ticket today and it was closed:
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/31592

I think Django should handle downgrading versions without
raising exceptions. If objects (such as sessions) are invalid because of
downgrading, they should be deleted automatically. It may happen that a
user (website owner) downgrades Django and they would expect everything to
keep working.

And I have a question: Will authenticated users still be authenticated
after upgrading or downgrading Django to a different version? We use
persistent cookies for 30 years and I don't want to log out users if they
don't log out themselves or delete their cookies. I had a problem when
upgrading to a previous version of Django (2.1) that session cookies
stopped working in the other website I have (a different domain name), and
it persisted until I defined *SESSION_COOKIE_SAMESITE = None* in settings [
https://stackoverflow.com/a/59315164/1412564]. Until then my production
websites didn't accept logins to the other website.

Thanks,
Uri.
אורי
u...@speedy.net