I'm very much in favor of this. Getting rid of jQuery is a very important
step to make Django future-prove.
In my other (non-legacy) projects, I currently replaced all JavaScript
against webcomponents. I actually made good
experience with the StencilJS compiler. Compared to Svelte, I really
appreciate the clean syntax and the readability
of the generated code of those components.

The big advantage of webcomponents is, that they play well together with
all existing JavaScript frameworks
out there, hence embracing all developers using one of those. I recently
found this article on Hackernews
<https://hackernoon.com/apple-cements-the-unlikely-rise-of-web-components-6b1d3g1t>

which
boils it down quite well.

Many years ago, I wrote a Django app to integrate client-side form
validation with Django's server side logic.
See here  https://django-angular.awesto.com/combined_validation/
At that time it was based on AngularJS. The idea however remains the same
and could well be applied to an
approach using webcomponents.

I'm very much interested in this topic, because I already implemented parts
of this in AngularJS, although this now is
an obsolete technology.

– Jacob