Wait a minute you, are you suggesting that we should have a Python API to
generate HTML tags (like, Ryzom, Iommi, and many others) and build on that
instead of templates for widgets ?

I wouldn't have asked for so much, but I really love this idea, as someone who
is deeply bored by templates, which are a very poor way of graphical
interfaces, as demonstrated by the GoF: the Decorator pattern are best suited
for that, and my theory is that this alone is the reason many people prefer
component based development so much, anyway, HTML is a tag based language so
it's actually Decorator/GoF compatible, which is not the case of templates.

Templates were made to maintain a silo between frontend devs and backend devs,
that's exactly why they offer such a poor feature set (like, not being able to
make a function call ! fixed by jinja2 at least). That philosophy has been
refutated not only by fullstack devs which I believe many of us are (I've been
dealing websites for 20 years now), but mainly by the DEVOPS philosophy which I
believe we're all aware of by now: it aims at breaking the silos open.

Did I get a bit carried away, revealing my secret plans to keep Django relevant
for power hackers in 2020 ? Well, sorry about that.

Anyway, GO DJANGO ! Let W3C fix our JavaScript problem :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/MrelhORrzShBhQhmdbh5dX-M08tsm3nyF_uhk-4guec6SZHktQVS5G7D-ydbGyC7FoZ27WjQCxeEIJW6kSvPOf-zAsLxdJ3FITTXi8tbLWc%3D%40protonmail.com.
  • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
    • ... Carlton Gibson
      • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
        • ... Carlton Gibson
        • ... Tim Graham