Hi,

while reading the documentation on django's admin site I noticed there are two mechanisms to check for authentication: AdminSite.admin_view[0] and staff_member_required[1]. I am not sure when I should use which of them.

So what is the difference between the two? I expect that staff_member_required is more low-level and I should use AdminSite.admin_view in most cases. Is that correct?

I will try to make a pull request to add the answer to the documentation.

thanks
tobias

[0]: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/ref/contrib/admin/#django.contrib.admin.ModelAdmin.get_urls [1]: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/ref/contrib/admin/#the-staff-member-required-decorator

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/cb52dfda-67e4-a336-4eea-39195d6f8bb3%40posteo.de.
  • Dif... Tobias Bengfort
    • ... Carlton Gibson
      • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
        • ... Tobias Bengfort
          • ... Carlton Gibson
            • ... Tobias Bengfort
              • ... Carlton Gibson