Just been bitten by that same bug (combination of Sentry, using a
Queryset.as_manager() that creates an unfiltered queryset as a local
variable in the stack, a create signal that errored provoking a stacktrace
that contained the queryset, a table that is always filtered by a field,
and sorted by another field and an index that behaves poorly without the
aformentionned filter).

So would a contribution that would avoid evaluating the uncached queryset
on repr when DEBUG is False likely to be accepted ? If so, I'm ready to get
my hands dirty :)

Cheers !