I agree. The time has come to remove it as it offers little protection, and
it's easy to add back if you have the requirement.

Two more data points: securityheaders.com no longer gives you points for
setting the header, and caniuse.com data (
https://caniuse.com/mdn-http_headers_x-xss-protection ) shows 20.4% browser
support globally, mostly through Safari.

--
Adam