Hey Uri.

Yes, I know Claude is busy at the moment (as I think is everyone this last
year) but we’ll certainly need his input.

For me, a small set of changes just showing what’s needed (in one place) — with
any relevant links and “Do X, then Y, then Z” steps — helps to focus the
discussion, and we can think about tests and so on.

So, yes, a minimal draft PR, again as a proof-of-concept before you put too
many hours in, would be very helpful. (Bottom-line is you’re probably the world
expert here on this topic as it stands, so we need to catch up with you — any
help you can give us in doing that goes a long way 😀)

Kind Regards,

Carlton

> On 6 Apr 2021, at 15:48, ⁨אורי⁩ <⁨u...@speedy.net⁩> wrote:
>
> Hi Carlton,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Do you want me to create the draft PR? I would also
> like to receive feedback from Claude (cc), to see if we are in the right
> direction. Maybe it's possible to update things automatically via Transifex?
>
> Thanks,
> Uri.
> אורי
> u...@speedy.net <mailto:u...@speedy.net>
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 4:32 PM Carlton Gibson <carlton.gib...@gmail.com
> <mailto:carlton.gib...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hey Uri.
>
> Thanks for bumping this up — Yes, it looks like the plan is to make the
> adjustments that you suggested on the ticket.
>
> I guess I’d just suggest doing a little bit as a proof-of-concept and opening
> a Draft PR so we can have a look, and confer with Claude to approve the
> general approach, before you put in hours updating every string. (Once a PR
> is open, it’s always possible to collaborate too.)
>
> It seemed the idea was fairly clear — were there specific doubts unresolved?
>
> Kind regards, Carlton
>
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 at 13:47, אורי <u...@speedy.net <mailto:u...@speedy.net>>
> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> What will a PR require? Does it require to change all the translations in all
> the languages, as well as the translation keys? And how do we intend to
> update it with the current translations in Transifex? Do you want me to
> handle such a PR?
>
> Thanks,
> Uri.
> אורי
> u...@speedy.net <mailto:u...@speedy.net>
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:34 PM 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers
> (Contributions to Django itself) <django-developers@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:django-developers@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
> Hi Uri
>
> It depends on someone making the change. It looks like Ryan Cheley assigned
> it to themselves but hasn't made a PR. Perhaps you could?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam
>
> ‪On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 at 11:17, ‫אורי‬‎ <u...@speedy.net
> <mailto:u...@speedy.net>> wrote:‬
> Hi,
>
> https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/31937
> <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/31937>
>
> Any chance this will be fixed before the next major release? (4.0).
>
> Remember it will also take time to fix the relevant translations - I estimate
> it will take ~2 months to fix them before they are released to production.
>
> In English too, I suggest using the "one" word instead of "1", for example
> "one week" instead of "1 week". But it's more a mistake in Hebrew (and
> Arabic), where there is a word for two weeks (שבועיים), and writing "2 weeks"
> (2 שבועות) is incorrect.
>
> Thanks,
> Uri.

> [...]

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/ACAB346E-E565-48AF-BA70-0114AE9781F3%40gmail.com.
  • Can... אורי
    • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... אורי
        • ... Carlton Gibson
          • ... אורי
            • ... Carlton Gibson