Hello Daniyal,

> I want to move ahead with using the pickle module. However, does it
seem necessary to add support for other serializers ( json / yaml / msgpack
) as well?

I don't think that adding support for configurable serialization is
necessary for this project. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be great if
cache backends allowed for their serialization to be configured but I think
it's out of scope for this project as no other core backends do so.

Cheers,
Simon