Hi Sarah,

Welcome!

Beyond the “easy pickings”, another good approach is to filter by component.
The framework is so big, no-one can take it all on.

Here a filter for the GeoDjango tickets
<https://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=assigned&status=new&component=GIS&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=component&col=owner&col=type&col=version&desc=1&order=id>.
 If you adjust the component at the top, you can see other. Maybe you like
forms, maybe you like templates, … 37 tickets, in the case of GeoDjango, is a
lot more addressable than 1000+ if you take them all.

Most tickets require a bit of time to get into them and understand what’s going
on. (The dual of that is that, pretty much every ticket is “What on earth is
that about?" to begin.) That’s normal. It’s part of the fun. 😀

Have a browse. If you get stuck do reach out, either here or on the forum
<https://forum.djangoproject.com/> as you prefer.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Carlton