Hi Aditya,

I think the basic issue is that the DB Routers framework is not the
right tool for the task you have in mind. You are trying to redirect
all database activity according to request parameters. The routers are
built for specific uses, and -- by design -- they don't cover all
cases; it's not just transactions. Off the top of my head, it's also raw
sql queries that you'd want to redirect in a similar way. So generally,
Aymeric's suggestion of changing the settings -- although I agree with
your criticism about its sensitivity to any form parallelism -- seems
closer to the right track than the idea of extending the routers.

I _think_ -- haven't looked in the details, so this may be a complete
blunder -- that you can achieve what you want using the Database
Instrumentation framework; it is built to allow you to intervene in the
execution of any SQL operation, at a lower level.

HTH,
        Shai.