> yeah didn't want to step on your toes but I got very excited about trying
it out 😅

Don't worry about that, it's a good thing this motivated you enough to
advance on this topic.

> I have a slight preference for the second option as it seems like it
could be used in other context than constraints[0] but I'm curious about
your thoughts?

Yes I agree that this should be independent from models. There is no reason
to tie it to them, and if we want to do it anyway, it would be trivial to
do using the new method. Or maybe we could have both we different named
parameters and change the behaviour deping on those.

> Looking at [0] in more details I also feel like matches() could be a
better name than check().

It should be obvious that the method return a boolean, matches sounds like
that it could returns a list of the matches to me.