The extension I added to the DEP may be a bit involved:

> All code Django generates will also be Black-formatted (startproject,
> migrations, inspectdb, etc.), at least if the user has Black installed.

But then again it may only need a few calls to black.format_str() in the
right places.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 at 10:37, Mariusz Felisiak <felisiak.mari...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> As you can see from this pull request in the Black code the first stable
>> release is expected for January 2022:
>> https://github.com/psf/black/pull/2529
>>
>> I think we can start prepare this great migrations of the Django code so
>> we will be ready when Black 22.0 will be released and we can finally
>> benefit from this change.
>>
>> We have now more than 2 months to work on this.
>>

> Hi
>
>     Do you have any specific steps in mind? I'm not sure how we need to
> prepare. Implementation, as described in DEP 0008
> <https://github.com/django/deps/blob/main/accepted/0008-black.rst#reference-implementation>,
> should be rather straightforward and I don't think anything needs to be
> done in advance. We (Fellows and OPS team) should be able to implement it
> within a few days.
>
> Best,
> Mariusz

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/81687d6f-2ea3-44b4-a9c8-fab71e4e0843n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/81687d6f-2ea3-44b4-a9c8-fab71e4e0843n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMyDDM0kbb2aF%2BMK0GObXFm6pVrt%3DWMLsX1TcK6QyEHpDVBjeg%40mail.gmail.com.
  • Pre... Paolo Melchiorre
    • ... Mariusz Felisiak
      • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
        • ... Markus Holtermann
      • ... Paolo Melchiorre
        • ... Mariusz Felisiak
          • ... Paolo Melchiorre