Happy new year y'all!

I'm wondering if anyone else has a fork that started to chip away at an
async ORM and advice for how it's going so far.

For instance, where did you start? For me, I started with implementing an
aiosqlite backend, moving on to RawQuery and Query, then SQLCompiler. How
often are you using asgiref.sync rather than implementing an async
compatible class like Signal or atomic? If you implemented a db backend,
did you implement the DatabaseCreation class? Importantly, are you having
to duplicate a lot of class method code due to the number of awaits used?

Cheers,
Andrew