I agree with Adam Johnson that adding HTML to the model class is a bit too
coupled.
But I like the idea of Mark Niehues to add them to the ModelAdmin class,
although I would allow a HTML/SVG snippet rather than a CSS class.

   - How would we then handle 3rd party apps providing their own SVG file
   to be used as icon?
   - Shouldn't that icon definition be part of the ModelAdmin's Media
   subclass?

– Jacob

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/a5e570a9-5cba-442c-abe6-435b320d5579n%40googlegroups.com.
  • Mod... Marty
    • ... Yeonggwang Yang
      • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
        • ... Arthur Pemberton
          • ... Marty
            • ... Mark Niehues
              • ... Jacob Rief