I have read previous discussions (most recent I could find was Dec 2013
 [1] ) on the inclusion of `HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR` based logic to get the
"real" IP address of an HttpRequest. From what I can see, currently there
is currently no automatic handling of `HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR` in Django.

However, I do notice that Django acknowledges `X_FORWARDED_HOST`,
`X_FORWARDED_PORT` and (indirectly) `X_FORWARDED_PROTO`
(though SECURE_PROXY_SSL_HEADER).

If there is still opposition to having some built-in handling for
`HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR`, I think that the deployment guide [1] should at
least mention the need for the developer to handle this explicitly.

Regards,
Arthur P.

----

[1] https://groups.google.com/g/django-developers/c/J5O28jB5D3Q/m/KLLgllFS7v0J