I've recently been working with other new frameworks, particularly Remix.
Coming from Django, which has had excellent CSRF for many years, one of my
first questions was how to handle CSRF protection. And the response I got
lead me to the "Lax" SameSite cookie parameter, and that I really wouldn't
need more than that for the session cookie.

It appears that Django has defaulted the session cookie to `Lax` since the
SESSION_COOKIE_SAMESITE parameter was added in Django 2.1. All current
browsers seem to have supported it since 2019. Is it time for us to remove
the CSRF Middleware from the default settings template file?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/f5c90c5e-a7b1-49f2-84da-0cce32f6f67dn%40googlegroups.com.
  • Dro... 'Ryan Hiebert' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
    • ... Jacob Rief
    • ... Curtis Maloney
      • ... Jacob Rief
        • ... Jure Erznožnik