In that case, I suggest that you make a customized Category hierarchy
(AbstractCategory)  and use a specialized ProductCategory
(AbstractProductCategory)
to associate specific business logic between particular Products and
Categories.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-oscar/CAG1d5P5QU_SZch9Xx9MiGe6LB9-nU9gsUs7Jjx-K9M44Fa6FcQ%40mail.gmail.com.