Hello,

I'm currently working on a project using Django or Django Rest Framework to
implement an API. Now the question came to me what is the best practice
implementation when it comes to business logic? Are fat models, fat views,
service layers or something else the best practice?

I did already some research and was reading different articles about it and
it seems that a lot of people go the way of a service layer to implement a
three tier MVC, but I was also reading that implementing an extra service
layer could lead to circumvent automatism that drf would do for you. Is
there any advice that you can give?

These articles are some that I read before I asked here:
https://itecnote.com/tecnote/python-django-rest-framework-business-logic/
https://aliashkevich.com/business-logic-in-django-rest-framework-applications/
https://www.b-list.org/weblog/2020/mar/16/no-service/

Especially the last one is completely against a service layer.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Pascal