> By the way, do you have an estimated release date for 1.0?

We don't have an official date set, but we have a roadmap here:

http://code.djangoproject.com/milestone/Version%201.0

We'll consider it ready for 1.0 release when we've closed these tickets:

http://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=Version%201.0

The main ones are changing the model syntax and adding transaction
support. I'm going to try to get to the former this week, and the
latter should happen shortly thereafter.

Internationalization is the other big thing on the list, but it might
get pushed back to the first release after 1.0 -- it's more important
at this point to get an official version out as soon as we can, IMO.

Adrian