On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 20:04 -0700, Leonardo Santagada wrote:
> Just guessing, but in python strings are byte arrays, so I don't think
> there is any error in that. Or maybe there is a problem with the form
> sending the content and the validator expecting a filename, or the
> inverse.
>
> Just my 2 cents, and as noone answered this I thought it may help

The problem seems to be that the validator isn't expecting a string.  I
assume that it is not a bug with the validator (or else it would have
been noticed, since it is the built-in validator on the standard
FileUploadField), but somewhere else, either in my template or my view,
but I am unable to find the problem (so far).

Thanks for the input.

| Jason F. McBrayer                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
|  "If you wish to make Pythocles wealthy, don't give him more   |
|   money; rather, reduce his desires."            -- Epicurus   |