On 29 Sep 2005, at 15:06, Tau wrote:

What you, the authors of django, can provide on the subject of django's
performance and scalability. I find the framework architecture to be
excellent but, literally speaking, what if I migrate my php sites to
django. Will hardware upgrade be inevitable?

In theory, Django with mod_python should be faster than the equivalent in PHP because PHP has to read and interpret the scripts every time, while mod_python loads them once from disk and keeps the compiled code in memory. If you were using one of the PHP accelerators however PHP should have the same thing going for it.

How much traffic are you talking about? www.kusports.com uses Django and gets hit with some pretty heavy traffic at times. chacagocrime.org has weathered a slashdotting or two thanks to Django's caching framework.