By default, it looks like validators in Django are only given the new
field's value and the posted form data... I have a custom validator for
my model that depends on information only available in the request. How
can I get to the request object from inside the validator?

I've added a keyword argument to "get_validation_errors" in
formfields.py:
>>> def get_validation_errors(self, new_data, request='')

But as a result of that, I've had to modify the function definition of
*all* validators that exist in Django. For example:
In TextField:
>>> def isValidLength(self, data, form)
becomes:
>>> def isValidLength(self, data, form, **kwargs)

Is there an easier way?

Thanks!
-Jason>