>On 10/20/05, kmh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Shouldn't we encourage a model where site templates are able to
>> explicitly "include" application templates, rather than the other way
>> around?

>On 10/20/05, Sune Kirkeby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>That's not how applications and templates work. You can't just
>include a template from another application, you would be missing
>the context that the application views provide.

A more "include" oriented solution would be to let sites rather than
applications determine which site base template is being extended by an
application template.  I have just discovered the {% extends variable
%} tag, which seems to fit this bill.  It should also be encouraged
that application features that don't depend on the request be made
templates tags rather than views.

Kieran