James Bennett wrote:
> > Currently, I'm just using django-admin.py runserver
>
> Last I checked, the built-in server didn't handle media. You need to
> have an actual web server running on the port you specify as the media
> URL, as far as I know.

The curious thing is that can not be true - because using
'django-admin.py runserver'
and going to the admin site _it does_ serve up its own css files used
by its html pages.

These css files even load other files as background images. That is how
the little "+"
graphic appears as part of links that are of css style "addlink", etc.