>Well, I never got a reply, and I never got python-eunuchs working.

Maybe giving us a bit more than just one day to react? :-)

>However, upgrading my python to 2.4 (and then basically reinstalling
>everything in the new site-packages) did the trick. I did have to make

Python Eunuchs is found here:

http://www.inoi.fi/open/trac/eunuchs

It does build on OS X, that's where I did the first experiments with
the django-fcgi.py script. But updating to Python 2.4 is another
working solution - Python Eunuchs is only needed because Python 2.3
doesn't include the socketpair function in the socket module.

The documentation on the current version of the django-fcgi.py script
is at this URL:

https://simon.bofh.ms/cgi-bin/trac-django-projects.cgi/wiki/DjangoFcgi

bye, Georg