On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:16:23 +0000 Richie Hindle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've written a small piece of middleware to prevent Google Web
> Accelerator (or any other prefetching client) from prefetching URLs.

Can I ask first of all why you are doing this?   If you are trying to
conserve your bandwidth or similar, fine, but I know some people want
to use links (i.e. HTTP GET requests) which have side effects, which is
Bad.

Secondly, there may be some things to consider with web caches.  I
think you should add a vary header to indicate that the response will
vary depending on the value of the HTTP_X_MOZ header, or some such.
There is some relevant documentation here:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/cache/

Luke

--
"Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve
as a warning to others." (despair.com)

Luke Plant || L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net || http://lukeplant.me.uk/