On 12/13/05, James Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That would be very cool... I'd been looking at the idea of writing
> things like standardized store components (views that could hook into
> things like the Paypal direct payment API, etc.), and it's be neat to
> have a way to distribute those easily.

If you (the general "you," not just James Bennett :) ) write something
that you're willing to share with the community, and it has broad
enough appeal, we would consider including it in django.contrib. I
envision django.contrib becoming a bit like Python's standard library,
including common things that are generic enough for use by many people
-- but not *too* specific.

See http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/add_ons/ for docs on this.

Of course, once we get an app repository, the distinction between what
goes in contrib and what goes in the app repository, becomes even more
subjective.

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com | chicagocrime.org