braver wrote:
> Now that my appetite is whetted by the cris-py fresh Object-Relational
> Managers, I keep collecting and comparing them.  So far I've found that
> ruby's ActiveRecord is separable from RoR, and I found SQLobject.org, a
> totally pythonic ORM (but no cigar...  i.e., web).  So it begs the
> question -- what are the differences between django's ORM and
> SQLobject?
>
> Some Hybernate fans tell me that for all the XML sit-ups they get a
> separation of schema and stuff and it's easier to upgarde the schema.
> Schema flexibility is crucial in enterprise solutions.  Where do things
> stand in that regard with django vs. SQLobject?  (And RoR, for that
> matter...)
>
> Alexy

I like SQLObject quite a bit but it is LGPL. This is ambiguous if you
have corporate clients. Byte code is produced in python so it is
compiling. I believe this puts your code into GPL land which is the
reason I do not use it.  Other than that, SQLObject is an excellent
relational database wrapper for python. It is sad that SQLObject could
not be under BSD or Python license since it is very good and useful
too.  I am happy to use Django's db api since it provides many similar
features under a BSD license and there is a large community that is
bound to make it even better in future.